There are still things to tick off my list! I think I'm spending more money BEFORE I leave, then I'll spend when I'm over there. Yeah, wishful thinking I reckon.
Anyway... I've done something today that I really needed to do, and that I ummed and aahd about, and that is whether to go to my bank and get a Travel Card loaded with destination currency, or to just get cash. After quite a bit of research online, talking with friends and family members who travel regularly, I took the plunge and went with the travel card. I feel it's safer; it's loaded with destination currency which is locked into the one conversion rate, therefore no shocks when the rate goes down, and of course also no benefits when it goes up :-) but then that's what I've paid for: convenience; no having to go to money peddlers in a strange place - just get the cash from an atm; also no conversion rates when purchasing over the counter.
I will let you know how and if it works well for me.
Funny thing (for me) but today I also posted the very last item, which I sold on eBay, of the product I had left from my party plan business (well, a kit I bought online last year actually) that I used to be involved in. Anyway, finally the end of that era..so from my point of view...some endings and some new beginnings ie: travelling overseas, something I have not done since Ross and I first were married. 1971 to be exact!
Still to do:
- Buy easy to slip into shoes boring but servicable ones like these>>
- Comfortable and warm with a pair of socks, hopefully.
- Print some photos off, of family to show rellies who are too old to appreciate pics on a smart phone or a screen! (hehe)
- Download books onto my eReader
- Buy one of those sucky bags you put clothes in and then suck the air out with a vacuum cleaner. I think that would be helpful for bulky winter items. Will see how that goes.
|Me and Hilly April 1957.|
By the way... I'm sure you can appreciate my haircut! Goodness me, just as well I didn't really think about those things then.